After you register, you can go into your member area and create a family or nanny/caregiver profile. For families, your profile will explain what type of job you are offering and other job related information, as well as a little information about your family. For nannies and caregivers, your profile will explain what type of position your looking for, your qualifications, skills, certifications and experience.
2. Make Connections Whether it's by you contacting them directly or by them contacting you, start making connections with other NannyCare.com members through your own NannyCare.com email. Looking around is always free but if you want to use NannyCare.com's email feature to contact other members then you will need to upgrade to a monthly membership.
3. Interview and Screening NannyCare.com recommends that you use our free nanny tools and forms (see "Articles and Tools" section) such as our nanny application, interview tips, sample interview questions, recommended reference calling questions, recommended practices for background screening and other free help that will ease you into the screening and interview process.
4. Certifications and Background Checks Always make sure that the candidate you hire has an up-to-date "National" criminal background and sex offender check. If you'd like to run a reasonably priced background check on a candidate, we highly recommend using Radaris.com. For a reasonable fee you can run a nationwide criminal background check. This is an affordable way to go without cutting any corners on the quality of the background check. You will also want to make sure that your caregiver has current CPR and First Aid. NannyCare.com has partnered with PROCPR.org to offer inexpensive online CPR and First Aid classes for only $34.95. Just use promo code "nannycare" and get $5.00 any CPR/First Aid class!
5. Check References Now that you've most likely picked your top three candidates, it's time to check references. NannyCare.com recommends that you use our "Reference Checking Tips" in addition to our "Sample Interview Questions" in our free Articles and Tools section. Be sure to go with your gut instinct, since your gut will ultimately be your best judge of character. If you need help and would like to use NannyCare.com's help services, such as our Reference Checking Package or Complete Screening Package, please call (800) 383-5136.
6. Make a Job Offer Once you've narrowed it down to your number one choice, make a conditional job offer pending on a successful 1-week trial period. If your nanny does a great job and you're happy with their performance, we recommend using our "Nanny Work Contract" to get the offer and job details in writing.
7. Your Nanny is Hired! It's official…you've found your nanny!